Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Grab some Clorox

I think we may need to clean out the gene pool.

I talk to many people every day and as it turns out lots of them are completely clueless. I mean, we're talking how-do-you-manage-to-get-the-correct-feet-into-the-correct-pants-legs clueless.

Here are some examples, for your amusement.

--

Me: How many household family members are old enough to drive?

Customer: All of them.

--

Me: How many miles do you put on your car annually?

Customer: You mean, per month?

--

Me: Does your motorcycle have any special construction?

Customer: Yeah, there's stickers all over this thing. One of them says, "No more than one rider."

[Could he be thinking I said "special INstruction"??]

--

Customer: You'll have to excuse me. I've had a couple of drinks.

--

Me: All right. May I have your name?

Customer: Josh.

[You mean, like Cher?]

--

Me: Do you have the VIN or Vehicle Identification Number?

Customer: [silence]

Me: Do you have the VIN?

Customer: You mean the year, make and model?

--

Me: What is your zip code?

Customer: 12

--


Me: Have you moved in the last 60 days?

Customer: What address are you showing?

Me: [reads address]

Customer: Well then, yeah, I've moved.

--

These are true excerpts from actual conversations I've had. AND THERE'S MORE! That's right. There will be a future installment of Grab the Clorox coming soon. In the meantime, be thinking about some sort of licensing scheme we could use to keep these people from having children.

3 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

How do you cope?! Do you smile while you talk?

 
At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, twelve. that made me laugh my ass off AGAIN.
my internet works for now...we'll see if it holds up!

syd

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Jodie said...

Here is a one:
me to parent-Your child needs picked up from school, she has a fever of 102.
parent- Well, she was up half the night vomiting! I thought she was better this morning. I can be there in AN HOUR.

Parents should have a license too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home