Saturday, February 18, 2006

Cool stuff on my desk

Hmmm. Pic not available for some reason.
I heart my desk. I have the best stuff and the best toys. Here are some things you'll find on my desk. Above, my three-legged good luck pig. He's from Chile. I have three of these because every time I go to Tesoro's they are just irresistably cute and I'll see one with a different facial expression and have to have it.

By far my favorite desk item is my iPod. I've got one of those donut speakers for it so I can (quietly) listen to tunes at work. Also, don't tell, but I once watched the Family Guy movie up here when it was really slow.

Hmmm. Pic not available for some reason.
Next up we have bendy things.

Hmmm. Pic not available for some reason.
These are Benders. I love them. They are magnetic and bendable. The monkeys came inside a tin banana! There's a duck there too, if you can see him among the monkeys.

I also have a dog and cat.

Hmmm. Pic not available for some reason.

Next we have my toy box. It's a Hershey's Chocolate tin. I worked in an office one time where sales reps would send gifts to us and one Christmas we got this tin filled with Hershey's Kisses. It is now full of toys.

Hmmm. Pic not available for some reason.
In front of the toy box is a tin of Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty in Scarab. It's very fun to play with, but my piano teacher once told me not to play with putty because it's bad for your hands. So I'm scared to play with it anymore.

One of my favorite things on my desk is the tiny Airstream trailer. (Shown here with plastic nun.) How I got this is my freshly-exed boyfriend gave it to me for my 40th birthday. Only what he did (and this was really really clever) was he Photoshopped it onto a picture of my house like it was an Actual Size Airstream Trailer and gave me the photo, thinking I'd get all excited that even though I just dumped him he got me an Airstream, which I'd always wanted. Ehhh heh. Just the same it's one of my favorite things. I actually had a real Airstream for a while. I miss it.

Hmmm. Pic not available for some reason.
And here's my pals. Every year we go to Toy Joy to shop for Xmas stocking stuff. And for a while they carried Beanie Babies which I love, but not in that don't-cut-the-tag-off-and-make-a-killing-selling-them-on-eBay way. So everybody got a Beanie Baby in their stocking. The monkey is a Beanie Baby. The dog is a Jellycat. Don't they look cute all palsy-walsy?

Hmmm. Pic not available for some reason.
This is Scorch the Dragon. He's another Beanie Baby. He was so irresistible we had to buy three of him. One for all the women in our clan.

Hmmm. Pic not available for some reason.

One action toy is this Lego. It comes in two parts, both of which have rubber-tipped arrow-type weapons. You launch the weapon from the first creature/vehicle and aim it at the target on the second one. If you hit the target it launches its own arrow. Very fun. Except when the arrow goes awry and you have to disconnect your headset to collect it. I actually had someone throw the arrow in their trashcan because I was on a call and couldn't collect it from the floor in time.

Hmmm. Pic not available for some reason.

And these are the best toys ever. They're made by this guy. Featured here are Critter and two Katitas. You just wind them up and they go berserk. Right on your desk. Zachary got a Sparklz for Xmas which I am totally going to steal from him as soon as I think I can get away with it. (Check out Sparklz here.)

Hmmm. Pic not available for some reason.

There's more, but I gotta go use some of the actual work-related items on my desk. Heh heh.

6 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mom, i'm going to get a job as a stripper, and my stage name is gonna be SPARKLZ. just a heads up. haha. <3!

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Okay, but you totally have to think of a way to list it on your resume so it's not Stripper. Like, Titillation Technician. Or Public Boner Provider.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Hey, I'm the toy-girl at my workplace too! It's library-ish quiet where I work, so I love to give the wind-up monkey a twist and let his little tiny cymbals drive everyone crazy. Wake up, you bastards!

 
At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed your entry on Thinking Putty. As a professional putty man who works with this stuff all day, I can confidently tell you that your piano teacher doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

It is for more than simple fun. Putty is used for rehabilitive hand therapy, exercise, and hand strengthening.

I know lots of piano, guitar, and string players who use their Thinking Putty to improve their finger strength and flexibility.

Thanks for being a Thinking Putty customer!

-Crazy Aaron

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Hey, what's that iPod thing? do you like it?

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's called that stretching ball (blue/yellow/orange) on the right of the Thinking Putty? I have been looking for that for years, but i can't find it :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home