Friday, February 10, 2006

Dentist fears justified?


Recently I had a very strange dream. I still can't figure out what it might mean. See if you have any thoughts.

I was at the dentist and he was fitting me for some apparatus that may have ended up looking like the one sported by young Willy Wonka in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I'm not sure what it ended up looking like because I suddenly came to realize that the dentist was trying to make an incision in the meaty part of my hand between my thumb and forefinger. I was alarmed that this would hurt a great deal. He wanted to go ahead and do it so that he could insert a dime in the resulting hole.

Thank goodness I demanded that he provide me with a reason it was medically necessary to stick a dime into my hand. Unfortunately I woke up, somewhat disturbed, before finding out just what it was.

4 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

That dream didn't make any cents.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger AndyT13 said...

I can't picture the apparatus but dreams about teeth(like losing them) often have to do with feelings of sexual inadequacy or fear of some sort. Piercing your hand in that spot is supposed to be erotic as well although I fail to see why piercing of any sort is supposed to be sexy... Insecurity and fear in general can generate such dreams. Anything like that going on in your life?

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Heh heh - cents. Heh heh.

I guess there's always a low level of insecurity and fear - I'm trying to launch two humans into productive self-caring-for mode. This is the test I've been studying for for 20 years. Will they have meaningful careers or end up living in refrigerator cartons underneath the I-35 overpass??

I also have dreams where my teeth all shatter. That one is, I'm pretty sure, due to the fact that I'm a really bad teeth-grinder.

This whole sexual-dental-piercing tie-in is definitely food for thought...

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

piercings are hot stuff
and
mom, seriously, would all of my crap fit into a refrigerator carton?? i think not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home