Thursday, February 02, 2006

My Cat Strategy



Ok - show of hands. How many people are sick of hearing about my cat issues??

Well I'm sick of it too. This morning I've decided to launch a two-pronged approach.

The first prong I came up with while sitting at my computer when I saw Joe under the desk preparing to add some to the puddle of pee (which I've never noticed until now) on the bottom shelf where I used to keep the printer paper. (It's nice 'n' private, a priority for cats.) I gasped, startling him, and chased him out of the computer room, down the hall, through the living room, and under the couch while I opened the front door, and then out the front door. He tried running back into the house when I went to add something to the recycling bucket outside. Fuck you, kitty. Back outside.

I didn't let him back in until I felt comfortable that he had to have relieved himself outside.

So, to recap: Prong one - Jettison Kitty Before he Pees.

Prong two is my favorite because it's something I'm especially good at: being positive. So here goes:

Top three reasons I'm glad Joe stopped using the litter box

1. I don't have to clean out the little clumps every day.

2. There's not as many annoying little bits of cat litter on the bathroom floor for me to step on.

3. I now have a really good reason to finally throw away all the random Amazon.com boxes scattered around the house.

I'll report back as always and let you know how we're doing.

PS - Do you know if you can auction off a cat on eBay??

1 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, no bids yet? JK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home