Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Review of Always Ultra-Thin Flexi Wings

THIS POST CONTAINS A FRANK AND OPEN DISCUSSION OF FEMININE PROTECTION PRODUCTS.

If this topic in any way frightens you, just scroll on down to one of my other fun-filled posts and don't read any further. If you keep reading and you get grossed out, well, now, whose fault is that, hmm?


I have never been a huge fan of the tampon. Don't get me wrong - I am grateful to the person who invented these whenever I want to go swimming or to yoga class or in the unlikely event that I need to wear bike shorts. (Please do not visualize as I do not come off at all well.) So they're fine for those times, and in fact are fine at any other time, as long as you don't ever ever have to pee.

The other alternative, which I'll call The Pad, has always been the greater of the two evils, at least for me. Now to give them credit, they have come a long long way since I first started being a consumer. Back then they came with belts and straps and tabs and slots and Some Assembly was Required. They stayed in place very well, which is key for a product like this, but if a guy spotted you wearing one you'd scare him right into the next century.

Then they invented the adhesive kind that sticks to your underwear. Great idea, but I'm pretty sure this product is what inspired the expression, "Don't get your panties in a wad."

I was really excited when they came out with the Wing strategy - finally, I thought, I could abandon the tampon. But no. It turns out the wings didn't stay stuck to the underwear very well. And this is the last area of your body where you're going to want strips of adhesive hanging around not already stuck to something, if you know what I mean.

So the other day I decided, on a lark, to try the Always Ultra-Thin Flexi Wings. And, well, I think they've finally got it. I got the medium size which look huge but more coverage is never a bad idea. And these things actually stay where you put them for as long as you need them to. I could not be a happier customer.

For those Special Days.

2 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger Sameranda said...

That's such useful information.

Personally I'm a tampax girl through and through but its always good to have a back up.

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Creative . . . candid . . . yet informational.
So now I know . . . . JK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home