Friday, March 17, 2006

Breast Cancer Bimbo?



So last night I went out to the Water Tank after work with Kristin to meet her boyfriend and another friend. We went in to the bar to get our beverages and then settled in outside on the front porch for a little conversation. It wasn't even three minutes later when we were approached by a slightly drunken biker dude.

"Ladies!" This despite the presence of Kevin, presenting ample evidence of maleness including facial hair and no breasts.

"Have you got your ticket yet?"

Well, I'll bite. "What ticket?"

"Your ticket to the raffle."

Still not quite enough information. "What raffle?"

"We're raffling off a 2007 Harley Davidson Road King to benefit the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation."

Oh. Cool. I'm all for that. So we ask him to tell us more. The tickets are $20 and he tells us where we can go see the actual bike.

He says, "Do you want a free Harley?"

I tell him that I'd be lucky if I could keep it from falling over and crushing my leg, much less ride it.

"No, you win it, you sell it."

Still, nobody at the table has $20 to give this guy right now. Jane tries to give him $5 towards somebody else's ticket but he refuses. He does, however, tell her that she can go to the website and donate.

He starts to tell her where to go, but she says, "Oh, I can find the Susan G. Komen website."

"No," he says, "here. It's this one." And hands her a sticker. "It's under construction," he says.

Now on a side note, when I see "Under Construction" on a website, I think it means one of two things. Either a) I got tired of fucking with it, so here. Or b) I have lots of cool plans for this website but I can't find anyone who knows what they're doing to do it for free.

So she takes the sticker and starts laughing. I am dying to see what she's looking at but she studies it and hangs onto it for a few minutes before starting to hand it back to him.

"Lemme see," I say. So she hands it over.

It's a silhouette of a busty bimbo with '06 on her chest. I can't believe this. I start to hand it back to the biker but Kristin elbows me and whispers, "Your blog!" So I ask him if I can keep the sticker. He is delighted to agree.

I'm still stunned. So that's why they're doing this. They want to Save the Boobs!

<-Actual Sticker

2 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From the department of redundancy department:
BIKERS FOR BEWBS!
JK
Site message s/b "under re-construction".

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god, mom.
you always know how to make a gal "el oh el".
so thanks!
now i think it's time for a nap...
(p.s. tell kristin she's awesome for reminding you to save that sticker! thank god she did!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home