Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Defensive driving for the intelligence impaired

I recently, for purely non-speeding-ticket-related reasons, found myself the lucky participant in an online defensive driving course.

These are actual questions with their correct answers (revealed after you have completed the quiz) which I copied and pasted from the text of the course.

--

Q: Which of the following is not a physical force that will affect your car's handling ability? Centrifugal force, friction, kinetic energy, or police force?

A: Police Force

This question scares me.

--

Q: Does anticipating the worst mean that safe drivers are pessimists?

A: Yes, because a driver makes a constant stream of life or death decisions.

??

--

This one is part of a series of randomly inserted identity verification questions. If you answer too many of them incorrectly, you may not have your certificate.

Q: Do you own your own home or do you rent?

__Yes __No

--

Well I know I feel much safer now.

2 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Hey, you're back!

I just set a section in a first aid chapter that said:

Amputation

What to Look for:

*Loss of body part

Good lord, if someone has to look THAT up, I'm screwed!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Sven said...

Who knew that driving required a philosophy degree? Whatever next? 'Do you regard driving as ontological or teleological?', or 'Is the clutch a categorical imperative?', or 'What would Jesus drive?'!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home