Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Fireworks




Well today is not a holiday for me. I am at work.

WOOHOO - DOUBLETIME!!

My holiday so far has consisted of a festive pancake breakfast that I cooked for Zachary. Mmmmm.

Pancakes

2 C. whole wheat flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. kosher salt
2 t. splenda

2 1/4 C. buttermilk
2 eggs
1/4 C. melted butter

Mix the dry ingredients together in a big bowl. I sift mine if I'm feeling energetic.

Separate the eggs into two bowls. Into the bowl with the egg whites, whisk 2 cups of the buttermilk. Into the bowl with the egg yolks whisk the 1/4 c of melted butter. Now whisk the egg mixtures together.

Combine with the dry ingredients, only mixing until everything is moistened. Don't try to get out all the lumps. If the mixture is too thick, add up to 1/4 c of buttermilk until it's the right consistency.

Use a 1/3 c measure to pour the batter onto a greased hot hot griddle or skillet.

Makes about 15-17 medium pancakes. Mmmm.

Oh - I added some chopped pecans once the batter was all mixed up. YUM.

--

So happy Fourth!!

2 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man...i don't even wanna think about how long it took you to draw all those little squares!!

syd

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Hi Holly! I linked to you today!

I bought a beet, I did it!

Keep posting your illustrated blogs, I love them! Will write soon...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home